Kickboxing / Muay Thai (Freestyle Striking Class)
Kickboxing is a stand-up combat sport based on kicking and punching, historically developed from karate, Muay Thai and western boxing. Kickboxing can be practiced for self-defence, general fitness, or as a competitive contact sport.
This class incorporates boxing, footwork, defence, kicking techniques, knees, elbows and Muay Thai grappling techniques. And most importantly how to put it all together! All training sessions include focus pads, kick pads, Thai pads & a number of other exercises to help you develop your skill level & increase your fitness and conditioning.
What you’ll learn:
- The correct base and stance
- All western boxing punches and angles
- All boxing defences, footwork, movement, blocking, feinting
- Combine elbow strikes with effective boxing techniques
- All kick types and positioning of kicks including knee strikes
- How to flow between combinations from using hands to legs
A grading system is also available to assist each individual in goal setting. However this is not compulsory.
- Tuesday: 6:30pm (All Levels)
- Wednesday: 6:30pm (All Levels)
- Thursday: 6:30pm (All Levels)
- Saturday: 9am (All Levels – Fitness & Conditioning)